TEACHING MINDFUL BREATHING TO KIDS
But over the past 8 years, I’ve taught nearly 250 kids between the ages of 2-10 through my yoga, meditation and mindfulness based curriculum.
Here is what I know to be true.
- Kids need mindful breathing to be tangible.
- Each child will like different tools at different times.
- And kids as young as 2 CAN start learning these skills. (and it’s really beneficial to start this young)
So the reason why moms of kids I’ve taught call me a “child mindfulness whisperer” is because I teach from these truths.
Here’s my approach…
- I only teach mindful breathing in a way that incorporates both visual and physical senses. I will never tell a child to just take deep breaths. It’s always with a playful song, tool or activity.
- I teach a variety of tools and when my son or students don’t “take” to a specific one, I don’t look at that as failure or they are too young to get it. It just means I have to get creative and find another tool that will grab their attention.
- And I always come from the energy and positivity that my child and students CAN sit still and do this no matter how strong willed, hyper or uninterested they seem.
2 weeks ago I wrote an entire guide that talked about creating calm down corners with your kids. (If you didn’t read it, CLICK HERE to check it out)
In this video you’ll learn 3 Steps To Build A Mindful Breathing Practice with your kids based on if they feeling angry, anxious or mentally or physically drained.
Plus, I’ll tell you how you can get your hands on printable breathing cheat sheets, you and your kids can use.
Whatcha waiting for?!
Dive in and watch this 8 minute video below before you get distracted and forget…
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
Grab them here!
I know from personal experience what I get for free I don’t value as deeply as what I invest in.
When we don’t pay, we don’t pay attention. PERIOD.
And it’s safe to say you aren’t willing to put the time, energy IF you don’t put the energy of money behind your intention.
I want to help moms teach calm breathing (the right way) and not be a good idea that they never follow through on (and later feel regret).
And in order to hold you accountable, I’m charging a nominal $11 for these sheets and I am going to donate your investment to https://everymothercounts.org/
Commit on really teaching mindfulness to your family and know that you are passing on the good energy forward to a good cause.$11- BUY PRINTABLES NOW!
**Please feel free to share this page with your mama besties, teachers, parents- whoever is around your kids and you want them to practice mindful breathing with them.
The more people in your village that are on board and building consistency in the practice, the better for your child.
WANT MORE STUFF LIKE THIS?
Sign up to get Tejal's weekly actionable advice + soulful wisdom to keep you inspired and on track... Yep, It's FREE!